The Truth about Manufactured Housing
ONE OF EVERY FIVE new homes sold in Florida is a manufactured home, and it’s no wonder. Today’s manufatured homes offer you the foremost in quality, affordability and value. If you’ve been thinking about a manufactured home, you’ve probably heard a few myths. But we want you to know the facts…so you can open the door to all the benefits of today’s best value.
- MYTH: Manufactured homes are not well-made.
- FACT: You are assured of first-rate construction, because all manufactured homes built since 1976 must meet the strict performance standards of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The department’s code requires the highest standards in every phase of construction and its requirements are comparable to the Standard\ Building Code for site-built homes. Also, all manufacturers have their own quality assurance programs, and every home’s design and construction is inspected and approved by an independent outside source.
- MYTH: Manufactured homes are not safe.
- FACT: Your Florida manufactured home is designed to withstand even hurricane-force winds. As for fire, a Foremost Insurance Company study concluded that the chance of fire in a site-built home is twice that of today’s manufactured home. Thanks to stringent building codes, safety inspection standards and the state’s anchoring requirements, a Florida manufactured home may be the safest home you can buy.
- MYTH: Manufactured homes are difficult to finance.
- FACT: Financing a manufactured home is no more difficult than financing any other home. Personal property financing is readily available. Conventional, VA, FHA and other financing programs, with terms of up to 30 years, are available when a home is financed as real property. Lenders are active in financing manufactured homes because studies prove that the appreciation of these homes is comparable to the appreciation of site-built homes.
- MYTH: Manufactured homes are NOT ATTRACTIVE?
- FACT: Seeing is believing, so step inside and you’ll experience all the appeal and comfort you expect in a high-quality home. There’s a spacious, stylish and beautiful manufactured home for every taste, budget and lifestyle. Whatever you want in your next home, you can have it in a manufactured home!